Monday 20 December 2010

A Day In The Life Of The Male Reader

The radio interrupts my deep sleep, at 6.00, i hit the snooze button. I turn my head to look at my second hand alarm clock, to find its 8.55 and I'm late for work. I through on a shirt and jeans and quickly eat a piece of toast. Then i slip on my big boots and grab my hat. I slam the door behind me. My boss is stressed as usual anyone would think he owns a top business company not blockbusters, hes rambling on about how I'm on my final warning i zone out as I'm working out which pub to hit on the way home.

I spend the day staring at clock as it feels like time is going backwards, i occasionally walk around so it looks like I'm contributing.. but really i have no idea what I'm doing. I look at this job as moving gradually forward to help the band and my beer fund eventually ill get a new job but for now this will do. The hand strikes 5.30 i pick up my beaten up old bag and pace through the door i heard a voice shouting behind me something about me forgetting to swipe my card so i can officially leave, he repeats himself every single day but yet i purposely 'forget' as i like the fact that i get under his skin so I'm not going to start to remember now.

The rain is hitting my head and dripping off nose, my feet splash in each puddle as i cant be bothered to walk around them, i go to look at my phone to check in with the band mates and its got no battery not that it would matter as i never have credit. I reach the pub, step inside and sweep my hands through my soaked scruffy hair and head to the bar. I grab a wooden stool and sit down like i have had a busy day when really, I've just done Check Spellingthe usual maybe even less. 'The usual' i mutter to the good looking bar maid even though there is still some tension from our last encounter. I gulp it down then head on back out in the rain to wonder back to the flat as we are rehearsing later.

i walk past the same little old magazine stall as the guy in there is a friend of my dads, so i go out of my way to make sure i buy it from him i pick up the same magazine every month to pick it up. its the ________ then later on me and the band will try out the months hottest acoustic song ourselves, some are better than others. After walking up several flights of stairs as the lift has been broken ever since i moved in i reach my front door. I slide my hand into my pocket to realise in the rush this morning i came out without my keys. Lucky really that my door is so busted with a bit of a shove I'm in. I kick off my muddy wet boots i kick back in my rather disgusting arm chair and wait for the others.

After a ear drum bursting rehearsal and a few complaints from the neighbours its back to being me and a bottle of beer. I spark up my evening fag and prop my feet up on the table to then enjoy an episode of inbetweeners and family guy. I wake up at stupid o'clock in the morning to find i had fallen asleep in the chair i stumble to the bathroom then to my uncomfortable bed ready to wake up for another action pack day.

No comments:

Post a Comment